I almost didn’t believe my eyes when I saw pumpkin spice matcha on Healing Butterfly’s Instagram page. Pumpkin spice matcha….a thing?! Yes, you better believe it pumpkin people! At first I really thought: “Would that even be good?!” One thing was for sure, I knew I had […]
Month: August 2017
I’ve had the idea for this recipe for a long time. It came to me after I had pumpkin seed oil for the first time, and In fact, I bought a basil plant this summer from Trader Joe’s just so I could use it for […]
Celebrate National S’more Day with these Pumpkin Spice S’more Cookies!
I’m only really up for certain food holidays that relate to pumpkin or that I can somehow relate to pumpkin. National S’more Day is one of those days!
So in honor of all things pumpkin coming up FAST, and trying these Pumpkin Spice Dandie’s marshmallows for the first time, I made a delightfully delicious take on pumpkin spice cookies with them. The best part is that these marshmallows are made with all natural ingredients and are vegan, so all pumpkin lovers alike can enjoy them. No gelatin, no problem! They taste great! Dandie’s is a local Chicago company, so you know I’m giving them extra love for that! Just as soon as it’s cold enough, I think they would be perfect in hot cocoa with pumpkin spice marshmallows!
I stuck to the dairy-free theme and used Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chip (mega chunks) in this recipe. These cookies are a pumpkin twist on a classic, and perfect for this time of year when we’re hanging on to every last bit of summer, but not so secretly loving that fall is right around the corner. Oh, is that just me?
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup Dandie's Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt to the mix.
- Add the chocolate chips, and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Form small round balls with the dough and flatten with your hands onto a baking sheet.
- Add the marshmallows to the top of the cookie dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and cool completely.
I received samples of Dandie’s Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows that I used to create this recipe.
If you think it’s too early for PUMPKIN season, think again……. You know I’m not mad about it, but I do feel bad for the die-hard summer lovers out there trying to hold on to every last bit of summer. Don’t get me wrong, I […]