I write this post having already consumed three of these pumpkin cookies today.
Ask me if I thought twice about that. I didn’t! They are seriously that good! I had an old recipe for gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, but honestly, it fell flat. When I went back to the drawing board, and started with an old cookie recipe that I knew was surefire, I struck gold, and I hope you will think so too!
Gluten-free,and dairy-free? No problem! I fed these to gluten and dairy eaters and they didn’t miss it! Win! I have serious fall fever with these cookies…and I hope if you can’t have gluten and dairy but can appreciate some good ole pumpkin in your life, that you will make these and have a fall ball y’all 🙂 Because gluten-free, and dairy-free does not have to mean pumpkin free!
And if you do make make sure to hashtag “#onceuponapumpkin” for me to see! So here it goes, recipe below and best of luck not eating them all in one sitting!
- 2¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 medium banana, ripe
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix coconut oil and brown sugar until combined.
- In two smaller bowls, mash banana in one of the bowls.
- In the second smaller bowl mix flax seeds and water.
- Add to larger bowl, then add pumpkin and vanilla and mix together.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt, add to larger bowl and mix until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips, and drop by the spoonful onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 minutes, cool on wire rack, and enjoy!
Here are a couple of links to the products I used for these cookies, that worked great:
Pin these pumpkin cookies!