Look no further than this recipe for gluten and dairy free pumpkin cookies to satisfy your tastebuds with the flavors of fall and a hint of chocolate! Made with pumpkin, banana, flax seeds, and coconut oil to create a super moist texture that you would not know does not contain dairy or gluten if I didn’t tell you!
I sit here writing this post already having eaten three of the cookies right out of the oven. Ask me if I thought twice about that, I didn’t! The banana and pumpkin combination creates a cookie texture that is more amazing than any other. I think I struck pumpkin gold with this gluten and dairy free pumpkin cookie recipe, and can’t wait for you to try it!
I have serious fall fever with these cookies, and I hope if you can’t have gluten and dairy but can appreciate some pumpkin in your life, that you will make these too! I especially like one warmed up with almond butter drizzled on top in the morning with my coffee and the rest of my breakfast.
What I love about them too is that contain a lot of fiber from the banana, pumpkin and flax seed added into the batter. These gluten and dairy free pumpkin cookies have a nice thick texture, and you can feel good knowing they’re made with without a ton of sugar, and that the moistness is coming from the banana, pumpkin, and coconut oil.
The true test that proved I was onto something was when I fed these to gluten and dairy eaters and even they said they were good! Win! I’ve made them a couple of times now with both white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips and a combination of both. You can also check out my Christmas version of these cookies with cranberries here.
Here’s a video on how to make these amazing gluten & dairy free pumpkin cookies:
Gluten and dairy free does not mean fun free in this easy-to-make pumpkin cookie recipe that is perfect for fall! Bask in the flavors of pumpkin, banana, and pumpkin pie spice with every bite. Have one with your pumpkin coffee, or drizzled with pumpkin spice almond butter on top!
- 2 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- (2) 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 medium banana, very ripe
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, mix melted coconut oil and brown sugar until combined.
- In a small bowl mash the banana until smooth. Add the flax seeds and water mixture.
- Add the banana flax seed mixture to the larger bowl, along with the pumpkin and vanilla and mix together.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt, add to larger bowl and mix together until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips, and drop by the spoonful onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 minutes, cool on wire rack, and enjoy!
I use Enjoy Life Foods dairy-free milk or dark chocolate chips when making this recipe. You can find them linked below as well as the dairy free white chocolate chips I used. If you don’t have ground flax seeds, you can substitute the flax seeds and water for 1 egg.
Here are a couple of links to the products I used for these cookies that worked great:
Pin these pumpkin cookies!