This post was sponsored by Wallaby, however all opinions are my own.
A taste of fall in every single bite–that’s the best way I can describe this dreamy pumpkin parfait made with Wallaby spiced pumpkin whole milk yogurt!
I’ve tried a lot of pumpkin yogurts out there, and there’s so few that can double as a healthy recipe ingredient, and delicious addition into your daily food lineup. Many are not even made with real pumpkin! The nerve! That’s why I got so excited when I spotted Wallaby’s new spice pumpkin yogurt this year at Whole Foods.
If you read my previous blog post on all of the pumpkin yogurts out there than you know Wallaby ranks high on my list when it comes to taste and nutrition. I especially like the full-fall content because studies show eating full-fall dairy actually helped people lose weight. Read fat does not make you fat—It keeps you full, which ultimately helps with hunger control. So when you are looking for that pumpkin yogurt to add to your daily routine, this would be the one.
For a quick breakfast or post-workout snack, I’ve been enjoying this yogurt with just a little bit of granola on top. It definitely satisfies a craving for fall flavors, and with 12 grams of protein for 170 calories, it’s a great choice to add especially to those eating occasions when protein is extra important.
This recipe for a creamy, dreamy pumpkin parfait is a fun way to use the yogurt when you want a perfectly fall dessert that is healthier than pumpkin pie. I layered a wide wine glass with this parfait, however you could also use parfait glasses, shooters, or a dish to layer the yogurt in between the pumpkin topping. I topped the parfaits with pumpkin granola, pumpkin seeds and nuts would also be a great crunch on top!
So whether you’re eating the yogurt in this parfait or by itself, enjoy the delicious, and real pumpkin taste of Wallaby’s new spiced pumpkin whole-milk yogurt! Grab them while you can this fall season!
- 2 containers of Wallaby Spiced Pumpkin Yogurt
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree (15 oz.)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup of your favorite pumpkin granola
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix pumpkin, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, lemon juice and salt. Mixture will take on a slightly whipped texture. Spoon into baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Begin layering the pumpkin topping into a glass and alternate layer with spiced pumpkin yogurt. Have fun with it! The layers don't have to be perfect! Give the final layer a sprinkle of granola and enjoy!