Too many times in my life have I grilled chicken only for it to turn into the toughest, least appetizing piece of meat ever. You know what I’m talking about when you keep grilling it to make sure it’s not pink at all only to squeeze every last bit of moisture out, yeah, that was my style. While I do eat chicken pretty regularly, I will say at times I opt for other proteins likes salmon or quinoa, simply because it’s easier to make really quick. This chicken recipe though, it’s a game changer for me. I’ve already had it twice since I made it and am obsessed by how totally un-dry the whole thing comes out to be!
Another new obsession that goes along with these? This dressing —-> Primal Kitchen – Honey Mustard, Avocado Oil-Based Dressing and Marinade, Whole30 and Paleo Approved (8 oz) (affiliate link!)! When I was shopping for everything to make these at Whole Foods I had a hankering for honey mustard. It was as if I got a whiff of that thick honey mustard dressing you used to eat as a kid. You know the kind you would get a fast-food places to dip your chicken nuggets into? Fast-forward 15 years later, and I’ll opt for this version that’s made with super simple ingredients and none of those scary oils we didn’t know were bad back then!
If you do in fact make this recipe, do yourself a favor and get this dressing to dip them in. I promise it’s the grown-up-better-for-you-honey mustard you always wanted but never knew you needed! Alright, back to the chicken! I used these Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers, Sundried Tomato/Basil, 4.25 Ounce (affiliate link!), and later went on to make this recipe again with the farmhouse cheddar flavors…both were great!
If you follow me on Instagram, than you know that I put pumpkin seeds on literally everything and love it. Oatmeal? Yes. Salads? Yup. Muffins? Yaaas. Salmon? Hell yes! And now chicken joins this pumpkin party. You’ll love the crunch from combo of the seeds and crackers, and bonus the chicken will be super juicy from being baked.
- 1lb Package Boneless Chicken Breast
- ½ cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- ¾ cup Simple Mills Tomato Basil or Cheddar Crackers
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- ¾ tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start by emptying crackers into a plastic bag (I used the ones you get fruit in at the grocery store). Smash crackers with the back of a spoon (a Vitamix tamper works well too!) until you see small pieces.
- On a cutting board, chop pumpkin seeds into small pieces. Combine with salt, pepper, paprika and set aside.
- Whisk eggs together and add honey.
- Remove chicken from package and cut into smaller "tender" sized like pieces.
- Dip into egg + honey mixture and then into seed cracker mix.
- If the chicken is still looking a little bald add the topping where necessary. Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Pin this pumpkin seed crusted chicken!