This pumpkin banana bread is always a good idea no matter what time of year it is! This bread is only sweetened with banana and combines three different flours to get its moist and spongy texture. Since it’s not overly sweet, it’s perfect for topping with greek yogurt, nut butter, and fruit for the perfect complement to your breakfast! Pair it with a cup of coffee or an afternoon matcha and you’ve got yourself the best of pumpkin bread and banana bread wrapped into one. Why choose when you can have the best of both worlds in one loaf?! Did I mention it smells absolutely divine when it’s baking too!
As you know I’m a creature of habit when it comes to my breakfast. Nine out of ten times I’m eating a scrambled egg with a banana and nut butter (either peanut butter or homemade almond butter) and a cup of coffee. This bread came about because my bananas were about to be unsalvageable and I’ve always got some pumpkin waiting for its next recipe in the fridge. By only using the banana as a sweetener, I eliminated extra sources of sugar usually included to sweeten baked goods. I often use brown sugar or maple syrup to sweeten, however because I knew I wanted this to be a bread for breakfast, I kept those out to keep it low in sugar and not overly sweet.
So no matter want time of year it is, if you’re in the mood for baking, and your bananas say it’s time, whip up a loaf, and enjoy it for breakfast all week or weekend long! As you can see I’ve been topping it with more banana and almond butter! Safe to say it will not last long in my house!
Sweetened with only bananas, this gluten-free pumpkin banana bread is moist and delicious and the perfect thing to have with your pumpkin spice latte all fall long!
- 2 medium-sized bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs room temp
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melterd
- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a medium loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and mashed bananas, then vanilla and coconut oil until well combined.
- Slowly stir the dry mixture into the wet with a spatula until combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely in the loaf pan resting on a wire rack
- Slice and enjoy!
Pin this pumpkin banana bread!