March is National Frozen Food month, and what better way to celebrate National Frozen Food Month with Path of Life than with five easy and nutritious meals you can create by simply opening your freezer door! When the week gets busy but you don’t want to compromise eating healthy, rely on Path of Life’s organic side dishes and vegetables to be the star of any meal. This post is in partnership with Path of Life, and I’m sharing my favorite ways to incorporate them into my meals in unique and fun ways!
A huge misconception when it comes to frozen foods is that they’re not as healthy as their fresh counterpart. Not true! Freezing is like hitting nature’s pause button. It maintains freshness, slows down enzymatic reactions, and increases the time it takes for the food to go bad. Meaning frozen foods have not lost any nutritional value that you would expect them to have. In fact, frozen foods are often superior in nutritional value and flavor since crops are harvested at the height of freshness and frozen quickly to seal in nutrients and taste.
An added bonus for frozen foods is that they will last longer in your freezer than their fresh counterpart that you may have to use up in less than a week. If you find yourself discarding a lot of produce at the end of the week because you simply didn’t get to it, consider picking up Path of Life’s sides that have vegetables combined with brown rice or quinoa. I especially like that Path of Life focuses on the high quality of the food itself. You won’t find chemicals, preservatives, or any other artificial ingredients in their products.
I always keep my freezer stocked with them for busy weeknights, or when I simply don’t feel like cooking but still want something packed with nutrients and delicious! Check out my five easy recipes and ideas for incorporating Path of Life into your meals, and next time you’re grocery shopping take a walk down the frozen aisle and look for the unmatched quality and unique flavor combinations from Path of Life!
1) Cauli-Power Bowl– Cauliflower packs many important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C and vitamin K. It’s also a great source of fiber, which will help keep you fuller longer. I especially love using Path of Life’s rainbow cauliflower mix in this power bowl loaded with healthy fat, protein and fiber. Get creative with different combinations like I did here, or simply toss seamed cauliflower on top of your favorite salad.
2) Kale and Butternut Squash Frittata- Path of Life sides make a great ingredient in your recipes too, like I did here in this kale and butternut squash frittata! Use Path of Life’s kale and butternut squash vegetable medley to make this bake that is the perfect dish to bring to your Easter gatherings or any Sunday brunch. Grab the full recipe that can be made in less than an hour here!
3) Tex Mex Corn Nachos– Nachos don’t have to equal unhealthy when you start with the nutrients and protein found in Path of Life’s Tex Mex Corn and Mukimame side dish. Simply start with a bed of whole-grain or sprouted tortilla chips, and add the tex mex medley on top with your choice of cheese. The combination of corn, edamame, and black beans will lend a smoky flavor to this perfect party appetizer.
4) Asian Style Quinoa Fried “Rice”– Traditional rice found in Asian dishes gets a makeover in this Path of Life side made with quinoa and brown rice instead. Quinoa is a great source of plant-based protein and here is mixed with green peas, red bell pepper, and green onion for that traditional fried rice flavor, with nearly half of the sodium and more of the vegetables than you’ll find in take out! Add a scrambled egg on top for an added boost of high-quality protein!
5) Quinoa + Brown Rice Side Dish for Any Occasion – I couldn’t possibly list all of the different ways you can use Path of Life’s quinoa + brown rice mix because the the possibilities are truly endless! This mix makes the perfect base for adding chicken or fish to, combining with other vegetables, or simply putting on top of a salad for added protein and whole grains. The hint of garlic adds a nice flavor no matter how you are using it! Add it to your meal prep lineup and get creative with the many different ways you can enjoy it. I’m not kidding when I say I always have this variety in my freezer no matter what!
Check out my latest power bowl creation made with Path of Life here!