Kale in pancakes? Yes you read that right! These blueberry kale pancakes are packed with superfoods and bursting with nutrition! What to know another secret? You can barely taste the kale! I promise! Topped with fruit and almond butter, these pancakes are equally festive and delicious.
This recipe was made in partnership with Nature’s Greens®, but all opinions are my own!
Kale is super high in antioxidants and contains more vitamin C than an orange. Most of us are not getting enough greens in our diet, and sneaking them into breakfast, whether that be a smoothie or egg muffins is one way to increase your overall intake. I love the idea of having these around Christmas or St. Patrick’s Day, but trust me when I say they can definitely make your Sunday morning breakfast rotation all year long!
Kale in pancakes? Yes, you read that right! These blueberry kale pancakes takes “eating your greens” to a whole new level! Bursting with nutrition, they are a fun breakfast that the kids (or adults) in your life won’t even know contain kale unless you tell them!
1 cup almond milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar, or coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 cups Nature’s Greens® Kale
2 tsp. lemon zest
2 cups + 1/4 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup blueberries
- Place the almond milk, vanilla, sugar, coconut oil, kale, lemon zest, almond flour, and baking powder in the blender.
- Blend together and add in eggs until well combined.
- Grease a skillet and warm it for a minute over high heat.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop a couple small pancake circles onto the pan.
- Keep the heat at medium-low and flip once the edges firm up and no longer look wet.