Enjoy the fresh flavors of tangy ginger, fresh peppers and a hint of line with the crunchy Thai quinoa salad. Protein and fiber from the fluffy quinoa gives this salad the protein and fiber for it to be a satisfying and delicious side dish.
2 cups quinoa, cooked
1 bag frozen edamame
10-12 mini bell peppers (orange, red, & yellow), rinsed and halved
1 1/2 cups or one bag of purple cabbage
1/3 olive oil
3 tbsp. almond butter
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp cilantro
2 tbsp crushed peanuts (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and fluff.
- Cook edamame, rinse and chop veggies
- In a separate bowl whisk, olive oil, almond butter, rice wine vinegar sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper
- Toss veggies with quinoa and pour dressing over quinoa salad. The dressing will soak into the quinoa giving it a tangy flavor.
- Top with fresh cilantro and crushed peanuts.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with lime wedges and enjoy!
Omit crushed peanuts on top for those with a peanut allergy. Almond butter can also be swapped for peanut butter.