This recipe was sponsored by Cece’s Veggie Co. All opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
These easy to make broccoli rice stuffed peppers are loaded with nutrition, flavor and a spicy crunch! If you’re following me on Instagram than you know my recent obsession with the “pepper-wich”. What’s a pepper-wich you ask?! It’s what you get when you use the two halves of a pepper to enclose…anything that will fit! Like a sandwich, but with pepper instead of bread. I’ve made a breakfast version, a traditional “sandwich” and many more!
When I was thinking of fun ways to incorporate Cece’s Veggie Co’s new organic broccoli rice into a recipe, naturally stuffing it into a pepper was the first thing to come to mind! This spicy southwestern take on stuffed pepper’s is also lower in carbs when made with their organic riced broccoli versus other rices. I think it’s a fun way to add nutrition and extra flavor–it doesn’t have to be fancy either!
The possibilities with this organic riced broccoli are truly endless. It’s as versatile as any grain, but far superior in the nutrition department. Their spiralized and riced veggies are compatible with most any diet- low carb, low calorie, paleo, vegan, gluten free.
Simply sprinkle some on a salad or sauté it on a pan with other veggies and chicken to ads flavor and vitamin C! Broccoli also happens to be a good source of calcium, so if you are lactose intolerant or dairy free look to this green veggie for this important nutrient.
I hope you were able to tune into the Instagram takeover I did with them the other day to showcase just how easy making this recipe is! Aspen and Jeanie from the Cece’s team were in town United Fresh and I learned a lot about the brand through their lens.
They told me the name Cece’s is actually the name of the founder’s daughter who inspired the company in the first place. She like many had to eat gluten free but still wanted to enjoy that pasta-like taste. I’m proud to partner with a brand that strives to provide these veggie forward options that are great grain alternatives and also help people eat more vegetables in general. I’ve been a huge fan of their organic butternut squash noodles, and get so happy when I see them in stores or see a new product.
Be sure to also check out this other recipe I did with Cece’s for riced broccoli and beef bowls, that is a healthy take on traditional Chinese takeout and is always on rotation in my house!
This easy and delicious broccoli rice stuff peppers recipe is the perfect veggie forward dinner for meatless Monday or any night when you need something quick and healthy!
- 1 package Cece’s Veggie Co. Organic Broccoli Rice
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn (can be canned or fresh)
- 3 medium sized bell peppers
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. chilli powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and cut peppers in half, scooping out the seeds and the insides. Place face up in an oven safe baking dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine Cece’s broccoli rice, black beans, and corn.
- In a separate small bowl mix together paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, and chili powder. Pour over broccoli rice mixture until combined.
- Stuff the peppers with the broccoli mixture and generously sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let cool and top with sliced avocado for an extra dose of nutrition!
Keywords: broccoli rice; stuffed peppers
Pin these broccoli rice stuffed peppers!