Enjoy the flavors of the season with these easy recipe for gluten free baked pumpkin donuts. Get creative by topping them with melted almond butter, coconut butter, or a little bit of frosting. I swear they taste extra good heated up with a cup of coffee on a chilly fall morning!
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/4 cups certified GF instant oats
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- WET INGREDIENTS
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add instant oats to a high powered blender or food processor and pulse until it forms a flour consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 6-donut mold with olive oil or coconut oil spray or grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until thoroughly combined. Fill donut milks approximately 3/4 of the way full.
- You will have enough dough leftover after you fill 6 for one more.
- Bake donuts for 18 minutes, or slightly firm to touch.
- Allow to cool before loosening the edges with a butter knife and removing from the mold.
- Dip donuts into melted coconut butter, almond butter or peanut butter and continue to cool on a piece of parchment paper.