This post was sponsored by Health Warrior, but all opinions are my own and I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Nothing screams fall quite like the flavors of pumpkin and maple, a combination that when paired with chocolate like in this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie bars is sure to satisfy any craving you have for a sweet yet sensible treat in the fall! This month, Health Warrior released their newest flavor of their pumpkin seed bars, maple sea salt. It’s there first vegan flavor made with organic maple syrup instead of honey. I really like it because I think the maple compliments the pumpkin seeds to give it that perfect fall flavor. You can check out the rest of Health Warrior’s pumpkin seed bar flavors here! If you’re not vegan, then be sure to try my personal favorite flavor, the organic honey sea salt flavor!
From a nutritional perspective, I like stashing these bars in my bag because they are made with simple ingredients and are lower in sugar than a lot of other bars you will find out there these days. The ingredient list is short and the crunch from the pumpkin seeds is big! I think it’s so unique that Health Warrior is tapping into plant-based protein by using pumpkin seeds as the protein in these bars and I’m totally for it! One of my favorite ways to eat them is by drizzling a little bit of peanut butter over one with some cut up apple slices as a snack in the afternoon.
To get these pumpkin cookie bars in perfect bar shape, you’ll need this brownie bar pan, or you can shape them into squares when scooping out the dough. The chocolate chip maple pumpkin seed crunch on top is in my opinion the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy. I only used maple syrup to sweeten the cookie bars staying with the flavor profile of the pumpkin seed bars, so they’re not overly sweet but you do get a little something from the chocolate chips too.
If you’re following me on Instagram, be sure to enter my latest giveaway to win a box of these bars to try for yourself!
In between a cookie and a bar lies this magical combination of pumpkin, chocolate chips, and Health Warrior’s new maple sea salt pumpkin seed bar! Pieces of the bar serve as a crunchy and nutrient dense topping for these lightly sweetened and easy to make pumpkin cookie bars.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 Health Warrior Maple Sea Salt Pumpkin Seed Bars
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil (or sub melted butter)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a brownie bar pan with cooking spray or coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and smooth. Next add in almond flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Combine until dough forms and fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a small sharpe knife, cut up two pumpkin seed bar into small cubes.
- Fold into batter. Cut up and reserve third bar for the top of the bars.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp. batter into each brownie pan compartment. Top each one with a few pieces of the third pumpkin seed bar.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and allow cookie bars to cool. Makes about 12 cookie bars.