In between a cookie and a bar lies this magical combination of pumpkin, chocolate chips, and Health Warrior’s new maple sea salt pumpkin seed bar! Pieces of the bar serve as a crunchy and nutrient dense topping for these lightly sweetened and easy to make pumpkin cookie bars.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 Health Warrior Maple Sea Salt Pumpkin Seed Bars
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil (or sub melted butter)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a brownie bar pan with cooking spray or coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and smooth. Next add in almond flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Combine until dough forms and fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a small sharpe knife, cut up two pumpkin seed bar into small cubes.
- Fold into batter. Cut up and reserve third bar for the top of the bars.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp. batter into each brownie pan compartment. Top each one with a few pieces of the third pumpkin seed bar.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and allow cookie bars to cool. Makes about 12 cookie bars.