A twist on a classic pumpkin bread recipe with chocolate? Count me in! Pumpkin bread goes holiday with this recipe that has just the right amount of sweetness and is festive for the season!
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick tester comes out mostly clean.*
*The bread will not rise a ton but don’t worry because that doesn’t mean it’s not done cooking!