We’ve all been there. You run into Target for “one thing” and before you know it your cashier is saying your total is $50! I’m guilty of this more than I’d like to admit but I can’t help it when I end up finding stuff I need in the shoe section, in the home decor aisle, and oh yeah new nail polish! As a very regular and frequent Target shopper, I’ve also noticed that their grocery department keeps getting bigger and bigger and they carry a lot of brands I would normally find at Whole Foods or a speciality grocery store.
So what is on a registered dietitian approved Target grocery list? You can actually find more than you might think in the grocery department at Target! I’m super impressed by their Simply Balanced line and how they’ve expanded it to include grains, nut butters, condiments and other pantry staples that are made with simple ingredients and that are affordable. You can find microwavable quinoa pouches with lentils, beans for less than a dollar and good deals on stuff like kombucha and gluten-free granola.
Dare I say I’m also a fan of their wine selection, that always has bottles on sale and different brands that I haven’t seen at any other store!
Plus, if you have a red card (Target’s credit card) you can save 3% on everything, including groceries. Saving money and fueling my Target shopping habit? Um, yes please!
I like that Target has some of the pantry staples that I swear by, proving that you don’t always have to shop at a fancy grocery store to find things like Purely Elizabeth granola, and Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo. You’ll find things like that on my registered dietitian approved Target shopping list.
Target is also truly a pumpkin mecca in the fall, carrying so many pumpkin spice goodies both in the grocery department and in the dollar section. I should really start saving my money now because as soon as that time comes, it’s over! In the meantime, at the bottom of this post I’ve included some of my favorite things you can find at Target RIGHT NOW! A few are kitchen items I swear by and some are just because they are so cute for summer!
Registered Dietitian Approved Target Grocery List
- Bagged greens like spinach (can be more expensive, so only when I’m in a pinch!)
- Canned tuna & salmon
- Starkist tuna & salmon packets
Eggs, Dairy & Milks
- Califia Farms almond milk, cold brew coffee & creamers
- Silk almond & cashew milk varieties
- Eggland’s Best eggs
- siggi’s yogurt
- Green Giant Spiralized veggies & mashed cauliflower
Packaged & Canned Goods
- Simply Balanced Unsweetened Almond Butter (There are now a couple of versions of this almond butter and some contain added sweeteners! Check the label because they look the same!)
- RXBAR vanilla almond butter (in a full size jar!). Target is the only store I know of that sells it in the jars!
- RXBAR variety pack
- Black beans, garbanzo beans, & pumpkin puree (I always have these on hand in my pantry for recipes like veggie tacos, and pumpkin chickpea blondies!)
- Skinny Dipped Almonds ( Check out how I make them, here and here!)
- Purely Elizabeth Granola (Target carries multiple flavors!)
- Chia Seeds
- Oatmeal & overnight oat cups for on-the-go
- Quinoa (both in microwavable pouches and raw)
- Spectrum Organics Coconut Oil
- Sir Kensington’s mayo and mustard
- Primal Kitchen mayo & dressings
- Frank’s Red Hot
- GT’s Kombucha (often on sale for 2 for $5)
- Speciality wines that are exclusive to Target
Baking Mixes & Supplies
- Simple Mills baking mixes
- Kodiak Cakes pancake mix + brownie mixes
- Nestle chocolate chip cookies