Lemony white wine zucchini noodle pasta is a delicious and simple recipe that you’ll love to make anytime you’re in the mood for a simple pasta dish!
- 1/2 lb spaghetti or bucatini
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup capers
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Cook it 1 minute less than the package directions instruct. Before draining the pasta, reserve about a cup of the water for later use.
- Mince the garlic and zest the lemons using a microplane. Cut the lemons in half and add the juice to a small container so it’s ready to go.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, about a minute. Add the red pepper flakes and stir for a few more seconds.
- Add lemon juice and white wine, increase the heat to medium-high, and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 3-4 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp. of the pasta water, add the butter, and turn off the heat once it’s melted.
- Add the pasta back into the pan, followed by the lemon zest and parmesan cheese, tossing to coat all the spaghetti with the sauce. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and zucchini noodles Add more pasta water as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time. Cook a little more just until the zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes are cooked but not mushy.
- Serve topped with additional lemon zest, capers, and red pepper flakes, if desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: white wine pasta sauce; lemon pasta