This easy crustless pie is a low maintenance version of pumpkin pie that is sure to still impress. If you bake it in a pumpkin mold, get festive by giving it a face with in season, apples and figs!
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin purée
- 1 12-oz can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into glass or ceramic baking dish. A good thing to know is that you can fill a baking dish deeper than a pie crust, but it’s best not to exceed a depth of about 1 1/2 inches. Baking times vary with depth, size, and type of baking dish, so keep an eye on it.
- Bake until knife inserted near the center comes out clean about 20 minutes depending on the dish.
- Let cool, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Add a face and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.