Almond butter carrot breakfast muffins are the perfect healthy treat to pair with your morning coffee. They’re low in sugar, made with quality ingredients and pack a good dose of fiber, which is good for digestion and satiety.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup Open Nature® Almond Flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Vanilla O Organics® Almondmilk
- ¼ cup Open Nature® Almond Butter, Creamy
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 2 large carrots)
- 2 tbsp. walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9 muffin cups with liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup oat flour, almond flour, cinnamon, flax seed, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, almond milk, olive oil and apple cider vinegar until smooth and well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold the grated carrot into the batter.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle extra grated carrots, walnuts and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted come out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
- Transfer to a pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle a little bit of almond butter on top and enjoy!