Apple pie shortbread bars are a fun treat to bake up with your fresh apples! They’re easy to make and are ready in less than 20 minutes.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 apple ( I used a honey crisp)
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the batter. Put the rest of the crumble into a square baking pan lined with parchment paper and press it into the corners to make an even layer.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until the edges begin to get golden brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the apples. Wash and slice the apple into thin slices. Sautee on a pan with pumpkin spice and coconut oil until slightly tender.
- Remove the crust from the oven. Assemble the apples on top and top with remaining crumble.
- Crumble the remaining crumble on top of the apples.
- Bake for 10 more minutes, remove let cool and cut into 9 slices.
I haven’t tested this recipe with other types of flours!
Keywords: apple pie bars; apple pie shortbread bars