Eat with the colors of the season with this recipe for autumn salmon and squash bowl! Made with garlicky kale, roasted butternut squash and cauliflower, apples, quinoa, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, feta cheese and pecans, plus honey mustard salmon on top. It’s everything you love about fall in one bowl!
For the salad:
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 3 cups (roughly 2 bunches) lacinato kale, washed and de-stemmed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cup roasted cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 2 salmon filets
For the dressing & marinade:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. honey syrup
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss cubed butternut squash and cauliflower florets with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast on a baking sheet for approximately 15 minutes until the squash is fork tender. Let cool.
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients for the dressing/marinade and whisk together. Use half as a marinade for the salmon (drizzle on each of the 2 filets) and the rest as salad dressing. Pour marinade on salmon. Bake at 400 degrees in the oven for about 10-12 minutes until opaque or grill on a grill pan on the stove for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Next, massage the washed and dried kale with olive oil and garlic powder for a few seconds.
- Toss roasted veggies with the kale. Add chopped apple, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, feta and pecans.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing and enjoy!