These avocado key lime pie parfaits will blow you away with how easy they are to make and how delicious they taste! Made with simple ingredients!
Avocado key lime pie parfaits are the perfect summer treat, made with avocado, lime and siggi’s yogurt! The “crust” is raw and made of a blend of almonds and dates to tie it all together. These parfaits took no time at all to whip up in my food processor and got the seal of approval in my house!
Something about the taste of lime is so refreshing when it’s warm out, and you can feel good about enjoy these because not only are they a good portion size but they are only lightly sweetened with maple syrup and the dates in the crust!
Do they taste like avocado?
To be honest, the avocado takes on the taste of the lime juice that you squeeze into the filling mixture. The avocado contributes to the texture of these parfaits and gives them a nice dose of healthy fat, fiber and vitamin E!
Made with Avocado, Limes & Vanilla Yogurt
This post was sponsored by siggi’s, but as always all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
One of the things I like about siggi’s the most is that it has more protein than sugar, averaging 15 grams in a cup. When you’re reaching for a snack, choosing one like siggi’s with a substantial amount of protein will help to keep you fueled for longer. My favorite way to eat it as a snack is to add some berries to the top of the container with a little melty peanut butter drizzled on top!
Another huge factor for me when it comes to picking a yogurt is the sugar content. Many on grocery store shelves could be considered a dessert with how much sugar they contain which is why I feel good knowing that siggi’s is committed to providing a lower sugar yogurt and are constantly innovating and evolving their products– with two flavors with no added sugar or sweetener!
You need these avocado key lime pie parfaits for a smooth, tart and nutritious dessert for summer! The siggi’s yogurt used to make the filling adds texture and protein to this gluten free treat!
1 cup raw almonds
3/4 cup pitted dates
1 tbsp. water
2 medium avocados
3 limes, juiced*
2 containers siggi’s 4% vanilla yogurt (4.4 oz. each)
1/4 cup maple syrup
pinch of salt
1. Add almonds and dates to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse on high for 5 approx. 5 minutes until a crust starts to form. Add 1 tbsp. water and continue to pulse for 3 more minutes until totally mixed together.
2. Spoon almond date mixture into the bottom of mini parfaits glasses or ball jars. Set aside.
3. Combine avocados, lime juice, 1 container of siggi’s yogurt and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth and well combined. About 3 minutes.
4. Scoop mixture on top of crust so that about 3/4 of the parfait glass is filled.
5. With the remaining container of vanilla yogurt, dollop spoonfuls on top of the avocado lime mixture. Finish off by grating lime zest on top and enjoy!
6. Store jars in the fridge covered for 4 days. The lime will prevent the avocado from browning!
*Regular limes work just fine in this recipe. If you find key limes at your grocery store they would work too!
Be sure to also check out this post about what you need to know when it comes to grocery shopping for yogurt and if you find yourself grocery shopping at Target, be sure to check out this post about what food I buy at Target!
Check out all of siggi’s flavors and products here, and if you’re a registered dietitian or health professional, be sure to join their health & wellness program with great resources for your practice and or clientele.