You need these avocado key lime pie parfaits for a smooth, tart and nutritious dessert for summer! The siggi’s yogurt used to make the filling adds texture and protein to this gluten free treat!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 medium avocados
- 3 limes, juiced*
- 2 containers siggi’s 4% vanilla yogurt (4.4 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Add almonds and dates to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse on high for 5 approx. 5 minutes until a crust starts to form. Add 1 tbsp. water and continue to pulse for 3 more minutes until totally mixed together.
- Spoon almond date mixture into the bottom of mini parfaits glasses or ball jars. Set aside.
- Combine avocados, lime juice, 1 container of siggi’s yogurt and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth and well combined. About 3 minutes.
- Scoop mixture on top of crust so that about 3/4 of the parfait glass is filled.
- With the remaining container of vanilla yogurt, dollop spoonfuls on top of the avocado lime mixture. Grate extra lime zest on top and enjoy!
- Store jars in the fridge covered for up to 4 days. The lime will prevent the avocado from browning!
*Regular limes work just fine in this recipe. If you find key limes at your grocery store they would work too!
Keywords: avocado key lime pie parfaits