BBQ chickpea sweet potatoes made with crunchy chickpeas, Organic Campari® tomatoes, corn, avocado and smoky spices for a delicious plant-based summertime meal. Packed with flavor and simple to assemble,
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 package Organic Campari® tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 can fire-roasted corn kernels, drained
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees F. Rinse and drain chickpeas and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with avocado oil, and spices and bake for approximately 25 minutes, flipping halfway through until crispy.
- In the meantime prepare the sweet potatoes and tomato salad. Use a fork to poke holes in the sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave on the potato setting or grill or broil the sweet potatoes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking combine the diced tomatoes, avocado, corn, and fresh cilantro in a bowl and toss. Add roasted chickpeas once cooked.
- Scoop out the center part of the sweet potatoes and spoon the tomato salad in the inside. Top with more fresh cilantro and the cheese of your choice if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Keywords: BBQ chickpea sweet potatoes