The best pumpkin zucchini bread ever! Made with simple ingredients, sweetened naturally with honey and extra moist and fluffy!
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 heaping cup shredded zucchini
- 1 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (or whole-wheat flour)*
- 1 tsp.baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I love using this brand)
- First, preheat the oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter, pumpkin puree, and honey. Using an electric mixer on HIGH for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy. (I do recommend using a mixer, however mixing together with a wooden spoon would also work)
- Next, add the eggs and beat just until combined.
- Place the shredded zucchini in a paper towel and squeeze out the excess water over the sink until little to no water is left dripping off.
- Add the grated zucchini to the wet ingredients, and use a wooden spoon stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and salt evenly over the surface, and then stir to combine.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips, and save some for decorating the top of the bread.
- Scrape the zucchini bread batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only moist crumb clinging to it.
- Let the bread cool in the pan, and then slice to serve.
- Store bread on the counter for a day and then move to the fridge covered for maximum freshness. I like heating up a slice in the microwave for a few seconds when I’m ready to enjoy!
* when measuring flour, especially for a bread recipe, spoon the flour from the bag into the measuring cup rather than using the measuring cup to scoop up the flour. That can be giving you way too much flour by accident!
Keywords: pumpkin zucchini bread; pumpkin zucchini bread with chocolate chips; whole-wheat pumpkin zucchini bread