Chocolate and pumpkin come together swirled to perfection in this pumpkin swirl brownie recipe that makes for the perfect fall treat!
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8X8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, 2 tsp. pumpkin spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl using a wooden spoon mix sugar, melted butter, and vanilla together. Add in eggs one at a time mixing well after each.
- Divide the batter in half (doesn’t have to be perfect!). Add the cocoa powder to one of the bowls and mix to combine. Add the pumpkin puree and remaining 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice to the other.
- Reserve about 1/4 cup of the chocolate batter and pour the rest of it into the baking pan, completely covering the bottom. Top with the pumpkin layer, completely covering the chocolate layer on the bottom.
- Spoon the reserved chocolate batter on top of the pumpkin mixture all over the top and use a butter knife to lightly swirl it into the pumpkin mixture. It tends to look messier the more you swirl, so aim for 1-2 swirls.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool and cut into 9 bars and enjoy!
You could also add 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for more deliciousness!