Blistered Sunset® SHAZAM™ Shishito Peppers with herby yogurt is the perfect snack for game day! Sweet green peppers with the occasional spicy pepper in the mix, Shishito peppers from Sunset® are perfect fire-roasted and meant to be enjoyed while watching Sunday football this fall. Quick and simple to make, you’ll find this a weekly favorite just like me!
Light green in color and full of fiber, Shishito peppers will soon become your go-to for snacks and appetizers! With a thin skin that cooks quickly, these peppers are the perfect candidate for a nice fire roasting and so fun to experiment with! About 1 in 10 of these peppers will be spicy, which makes these even more fun if you enjoy a tiny bit of heat on occasion!
Shishito peppers are definitely seeing a rise in popularity – I wouldn’t be surprised if recently you’ve seen these on the menu at a trendy restaurant in your area. Mild like a green bell pepper, but with a slight citrus taste, raw shishito peppers can be very refreshing. Often charred and served with sea salt, these are the perfect finger food filled with vitamin C and antioxidants.
Sunset® produce is always in my shopping cart for numerous reasons! Not only have they perfected growing quality produce, but their dedication to sustainable and ethical farming is without comparison. They have eliminated the use of pesticides on their produce using ladybugs to control unwanted pests. They also collect rainwater in basins that are UV-treated, keeping their water usage and carbon footprint low!
These small green peppers are high in fiber promoting gut health, lowering cholesterol levels, and will help keep you full! Their abundance of vitamin C also keeps you heart-healthy and boosts your immune system. I am so excited to share this game-day recipe that will keep you feeling fueled and give you the midday boost you are looking for!
Ingredients for Blistered Shishito Peppers with Herby Yogurt Sauce
- Sunset® SHAZAM™ Shishito Peppers
- olive oil
- fresh cilantro
- fresh green onion
- red peppers flakes
- flaky sea salt
- 0% plain greek yogurt
Blistered Shishito Peppers with Herby Yogurt Sauce
- Heat a grill or grill pan on high until hot. Add the shishito peppers, leaving them on one side for about 30 seconds before flipping to the other side to blister. Remove from heat and add to a plate.
- To prepare the herby yogurt sauce, start by chopping fresh cilantro and green onion.
- Add the olive oil to a saute pan along with the herbs. Heat on medium-low stirring frequently for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add the yogurt to a bowl and pour the herby olive oil over top. Squeeze half of a lemon on top.
- Serve next to the shishito peppers for easy dipping and enjoy!
Looking for other fun game day appetizers? Here are some of my favorites:
- These Sunset® Wild Wonders Peppers stuffed with Mediterranean Orzo
- These fun spin on salad with Salad Stuffed Sunset® Aloha Peppers
- These delicious pizza poppers made with Sunset® One Sweet Seedless Peppers
- These gluten-free chicken tenders
Pin this recipe for later