Blood orange & oat chocolate chip cookies are a fun and slightly healthier take on chocolate chip cookies! The blood orange chocolate and orange zest give these thin and crispy cookies a note of citrusy freshness!
- 1/2 cup creamy unsweetened almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. blood orange zest
- 1 bar blood orange dark chocolate ( I used this one), chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with a wooden spoon mix together almond butter, vanilla and egg until well combined. In a separate bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut sugar, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir together until all mixed together. Fold in the blood orange zest.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the dough onto the baking sheet. Use the back of your hand to press the cookies down slightly.
- Sprinkle chopped chocolate on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle extra flakey sea salt on top, let cool and enjoy!
For maximum freshness store in an airtight container, you can also freeze them.
Keywords: blood orange and oat chocolate chip cookies