Blueberry brioche french toast is the perfect simple brunch recipe to make for a lazy weekend at home! It’s delicious, not too sweet, dairy free and does not need to be refrigerated overnight!
This blueberry brioche french toast is perfect for a weekend when you want to spend a little extra time enjoying breakfast, taking things slow and savoring simply not rushing to do anything! I’m all for a slow morning that involves extra coffee, cuddles and a nice slice of this french toast bake!
A cup or a handful of blueberries is a good source of vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants and so easy to incorporate into meals and snacks! Blueberries are in season year round, and this blueberry french toast bake uses both fresh and frozen blueberries!
The cinnamon brioche bread I chose for this recipe is on the sweeter side so I didn’t add any sugar or maple syrup to the recipe, aside from dusting a little powdered sugar on top. For a touch of sweetness do you definitely drizzle a little bit of maple syrup on top of a slice!
Ingredients for Blueberry Brioche French Toast
- fresh and frozen blueberries
- loaf of brioche bread – you can use a cinnamon or regular loaf.
- unsweetened almond milk
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
how to make blueberry brioche french toast
It’s really simple to put this blueberry french toast together for brunch! The bread is store bought so that makes it easy to cut up and use in french toast.
You can prepare this french toast the night before and bake it in the oven, or put it together and let it sit for the fridge for up to two hours before you bake it. I haven’t not refrigerated it before baking, but if you were in a hurry I don’t think it would make a huge difference!
Before baking it in the oven, I added blueberries on top to cover all of the little crevices and pockets in the french toast. When it’s done you can top it with more fresh blueberries and a dusting of powdered sugar.Print
Blueberry brioche french toast is the perfect brunch dish that’s only lightly sweetened and packs the goodness of blueberries!
- 1 loaf of brioche bread, sliced into chunks**
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries + more fresh ones to sprinkle on top if desired
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Grease a 9X7 baking dish with cooking spray. Add brioche bread chunks so that they all fit together (doesn’t have to be perfect looking!)
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, almond milk, cinnamon, lemon zest, and coconut flakes together. Pour over the bread so that all of the pieces are covered. Cover the baking dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the french toast from the oven and sprinkle frozen blueberries on top so that the entire top is covered with blueberries in most places.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour until, let cool and sprinkle with extra fresh blueberries and powdered sugar if desired! Cut into pieces and enjoy!
**this recipe works best when the bread is a little hard/crusty/stale. If you have a fresh loaf and want to make this, cut it into chunks and bake it in the oven at 275 degrees F for 10 minutes. Then proceed!
Keywords: blueberry brioche french toast
more blueberry recipes you are sure to love
- blueberry shortbread bars
- blueberry lemon oatmeal cups
- blueberry pumpkin pancakes
- blueberry pumpkin muffins