Blueberry brioche french toast is the perfect brunch dish that’s only lightly sweetened and packs the goodness of blueberries!
- 1 loaf of brioche bread, sliced into chunks**
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries + more fresh ones to sprinkle on top if desired
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Grease a 9X7 baking dish with cooking spray. Add brioche bread chunks so that they all fit together (doesn’t have to be perfect looking!)
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, almond milk, cinnamon, lemon zest, and coconut flakes together. Pour over the bread so that all of the pieces are covered. Cover the baking dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the french toast from the oven and sprinkle frozen blueberries on top so that the entire top is covered with blueberries in most places.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour until, let cool and sprinkle with extra fresh blueberries and powdered sugar if desired! Cut into pieces and enjoy!
**this recipe works best when the bread is a little hard/crusty/stale. If you have a fresh loaf and want to make this, cut it into chunks and bake it in the oven at 275 degrees F for 10 minutes. Then proceed!
Keywords: blueberry brioche french toast