Rich in vitamins and minerals, these blueberry lemon oatmeal cups make the perfect breakfast or on-the-go snack!
- 2 ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
2 tbsp. ground flax seed
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp. lemon juice
⅓ cup maple syrup
1 ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen will work!)
2 tbsp. walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk the oats, flax seeds, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, almond milk, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and let stand for about 5 minutes so that the oats soak up some of the moisture.
- Fold in blueberries and use a microplane to zest the lemon skin and add to the bowl.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the batter in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and let cool in the muffin tin for an additional five minutes. Use a butter knife to pop the oatmeal cups out of the muffin tin and enjoy!
Store muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.