This blueberry pumpkin seed crisp is a delicious and fun way to enjoy blueberries! It’s easy to make and lower in sugar than your typical crisp recipe. Blueberries and pumpkin seeds give it extra nutrition!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour (substitute quinoa flour for a gluten free version)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup regular butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Toss the blueberries with the lemon juice, and corn starch or arrow root powder.
- In another bowl, add the oats, flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin seeds, baking powder, melted butter, lemon zest, and sea salt. Mix together until clumps form. Add spoonfuls on top of the blueberries.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Remove, let cool, add ice cream on top if desired and enjoy!