Blueberry ricotta bruschetta makes for a simple and delicious holiday appetizer! Made with just a few simple ingredients, you’ll love how easy they are to make!
- 1 French bread baguette
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 3/4 cup whole milk or part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- zest of a lemon
- Preheat the oven 300 degrees F. Slice the bread, drizzle slices with a little olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- While the bread is baking, add the blueberries and maple syrup to a small saucepan over medium to low heat. Stir occasionally as blueberries begin to bubble and you start to see juices. No need to mash any of the blueberries while cooking because you want them to stay intact. Remove from heat.
- Use a small spatula to spread ricotta on the toasted bread. Spoon 3-4 blueberries on top of each.
- Drizzle honey and sprinkle lemon zest over the top of all of the bruschetta bites and enjoy!
Keywords: Blueberry Ricotta Bruschetta