Enjoy the taste of delicious summer blueberries with these easy to make paleo blueberry shortbread bars!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- couple pinches of sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Put about ⅔ of the crumble into a square baking pan lined with parchment paper and press it into the corners to make an even layer.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until the edges begin to get golden brown.
- Add the blueberries to a saucepan on low heat. Use a spoon to break some apart. Gently heat, leaving some berries still in tact.
- Spread blueberries on top of the baked bottom layer.
- Crumble the remaining crumble on top of the blueberries
- Bake for another 14 minutes until the top crumbles are golden brown.
- Allow the bars to come to room temperature before cutting into small squares! Enjoy!