This blueberry sweet potato greens and grains bowl is grain salad that you’ll love having over and over again! Made with greens, blueberries, sweet potato, quinoa, almonds, feta cheese, and a balsamic vinaigrette, it packs lots of great nutrition and flavor.
You know when you find a salad combination that you just want for lunch again and again? This blueberry sweet potato greens and grains bowl is exactly that for me and I’m excited to share the super simple and delicious recipe with you!
I always call sweet potatoes the “other” orange vegetable, because as you know, I’m a loyal pumpkin gal! I will say that sweet potatoes are delicious and super nutritious, so I really have nothing against using them in a variety of ways — in fact they’re a staple vegetable on my grocery list week after week!
Something about sweet potatoes and blueberries together makes for an extra delicious flavor combo and
ingredients for blueberry sweet potato greens & grains bowl
- sweet potato
- greens (think arugula, baby kale, or a mix of a few different crunchy varieties)
- feta cheese (you can use any cheese you like)
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
how to make this greens & grains bowl
Making this blueberry sweet potato greens and grains bowl couldn’t be simpler! Aside from tossing all of the ingredients together all you need to do is cook the quinoa and roast the sweet potatoes!
To make the balsamic dressing, simply combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk together until combined.
This bowl is bursting with nutrition — every ingredient is adding flavor and extra nutrition to each bite!
Sweet potatoes are a good source of vitamin A, which we know is super important for eye health and our immune systems and fiber — something must of us don’t get enough of in our diets!
Blueberries are also a good source of fiber and vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that you immune system needs too!
Almonds give this bowl a really nice crunch, plus they’re packed with healthy monounsaturated fat and vitamin E. And we can’t forget that bed of lettuce! Those salad greens are giving you more antioxidants and overall health boosting goodness in every bite!
This blueberry sweet potato greens and grains bowl is a delicious salad that’s easy to make bursting with nutrition. Say goodbye to boring boring desk lunches because this salad is anything but!
- 2 cups salad greens ( I like to combine two different types in my salads for more texture and “lift”)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut sweet potatoes into rounds and then in half so that you get wedges. Toss with 1 tbsp. of avocado oil plus salt and pepper. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes until they are tender.
- Meanwhile cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Add greens to a bowl along with cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, blueberries, almonds, and feta.
- In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing until well combined. Drizzle over the bowl and enjoy1