Fall salads just got a major upgrade with these butternut squash pasta salad with pumpkin vinaigrette. It’s easy to make, delicious and will remind you why fall veggies are the best!
- 1 package Cece’s Veggie Co Butternut Squash Noodles
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale
- 1 1/2 cup shaved Brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
For the pumpkin vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Wash, and de-stem kale. Set aside. Sauté shaved Brussel sprouts in olive oil until just warmed.
- Add butternut squash noodles, mix together until warmed.
- Remove from heat and toss with kale and quinoa.
- Heat a small sauté pan and add pumpkin seeds. Lightly toast, stirring frequently just until they are slightly browned (if you hear a popping noise this is normal!)
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together. Add more salt or pepper as necessary once you’ve tasted it.
- Top butternut squash noodle mixture with toasted pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds, and parmesan.