Cauliflower couscous salad with dates, parsley and almonds is a fresh take on riced cauliflower that is flavorful and easy to make! It serves as the perfect gluten and dairy free side dish with a crunchy sweetness thanks to dates and almonds.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped dates, dried cherries or dried apricot
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sumac
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- Add the dates or dried fruit to a bowl along with the red wine vinegar. Let sit for 10-20 minutes until plump.
- In the meantime, add cauliflower to a food processor and process until riced and crumbly. Be careful not to process too much so that the cauliflower is too wet. You still want the cauliflower to uphold some of it’s texture.
- Add the riced cauliflower to a bowl, add the fruit and vinegar and toss together.
- Season with sumac, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped parsley, and olive oil toss and lastly, add in the chopped almonds. Toss everything together and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Store in the fridge for 2-3 days for maximum freshness and best taste!
You could even toss this salad with 1 cup of quinoa or couscous if you wanted to make it heartier and give it some more staying power!
Keywords: cauliflower couscous salad