This chicken kefta recipe will be your new favorite way to make chicken! Made with zucchini and fresh herbs like mint, cilantro, and dill, you won’t believe how flavorful and delicious each bite is!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 whole scallions, thinly sliced,
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. chopped dill
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. very finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- Grate zucchini, combine with ½ teaspoon salt and let sit 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix together zucchini and all ingredients in a large bowl, adding the chicken last.
- Divide the mixture into 12 pieces, then with damp hands, shape into flatter meatballs. (they don’t have to be perfectly round!)
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high with oil, then grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through to 165 degrees F.
- Serve with a side of rice, or greens or with a dollop of hummus on top!