Enjoy this quick and easy, veggie packed chicken lettuce wrap recipe that is way better than the ones on restaurant appetizer menus!
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 head of lettuce or baby butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup no soy soy sauce or any other low sodium or soy-free alternative
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. chili paste (more if you want it spicer)
- splash of rice wine vinegar
- optional toppings: cashews, micro greens, sriracha, chopped green onion and black and white sesame seeds
For the peanut sauce:
- 1 tbsp. creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. no soy soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar (may need more if mixture is to thick) or a splash of lime to balance the flavors
1. In a medium skillet, brown chicken, breaking it up until you have a ground chicken texture. Add chili paste, no soy soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. Mix together and coat the chicken in the sauces.
2. Finely chop cauliflower or rice in a food processor. Add to chicken mixture and mix until combined and you can’t really tell what is the chicken and what is the cauliflower. Add a splash of rice wine vinegar and mix together.
3. Still in the shredded carrots and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup to each piece of lettuce depending on how big it is.
4. To make the peanut sauce, heat the peanut butter in a small dish in the microwave for 12 seconds. Remove from microwave and add the no soy sauce and rice vinegar. Mix until you get a sauce consistency and add more rice wine vinegar. water or the squeeze of a lime to thin it out and balance the flavors.
5. Top lettuce cups with sesame seeds, greens onion, cashews, micro greens, sriracha, and or peanut sauce and enjoy!