Cinnamon apple pumpkin bread will be your new favorite pumpkin bread to make year after year. Each bite tastes like all the things you love about the fall and it’s made with good for you ingredients that make you feel good too!
- 1 whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 egg*
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted**
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 honey crisp apple, diced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, almond milk and vanilla until well combined and incorporated.
- In separate medium bowl whisk together whole wheat flour, oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the diced apples, cinnamon, oats and pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle them down the middle of the bread, careful not to cover the entire top (this is best for baking).
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool completely before cutting into slices.
- Store bread in a container in the fridge for maximum freshness.
* Replace the egg in this recipe with a flax egg instead.
** The coconut oil can be replaced with applesauce.
Keywords: pumpkin bread; cinnamon apple pumpkin bread