Cinnamon apple pumpkin bread combines the flavors of pumpkin, apples, and fall spices into one delicious moist and fluffy loaf! Simply made with just a few ingredients, it’s the perfect pumpkin bread recipe for fall!
For the bread:
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup almond, oat or other milk of choice
- ½ cup granulated or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the cinnamon sugar swirl:
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
for the apple cinnamon topping:
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a bread pan with oil or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin purée, eggs, sugar, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until all of the flour disappears. Do not over mix!
- In a small bowl stir together the apples, cinnamon and coconut oil. In a small sauté pan over low heat, sauté the apples for just a couple minutes until tender. Remove from heat and set aside. In another small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Spoon half the the batter into the loaf pan, sprinkle the top of the batter with cinnamon sugar swirl.
- Top with remaining batter about 1/4 of the apples and pumpkin seeds and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and top with remaining apple pieces. Gently pressing them into the top of the bread. Let cool, slice and enjoy!