Move over key lime pie, there’s a new key lime treat you’ll love just as much! Coconut matcha key lime bars are tart and refreshing for spring and summer!
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- zest of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
for the bars:
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup honey
- juice of 2 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp. matcha powder*
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom of an 8X8 baking pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper so that it sticks to the bottom well.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crust in a small bowl and mix well until crust consistency forms. Press it into the bottom of the pan in an even layer and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the bar filing. Combine all of the filling ingredients into a bowl except for the match and coconut flour and whisk together very well.
- Then, slowly add the matcha a little bit at a time whisking well as you continue to sprinkle it in. Do the same with the coconut flour, whisking in the tablespoon of it a little bit at a time to prevent from clumping.
- While the crust is still warm, lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F, and pour the bar mixture over the top. Return it to the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes until the center is set. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting.
- Refrigerate so the bars are cold, garnish with extra lime zest and enjoy!
*This can be omitted. The bars just won’t be as green in color.
Keywords: coconut key lime bars; key lime bars