Creamy vegan pumpkin soup is made with nourishing ingredients like pumpkin puree, ginger, garlic and turmeric and tastes like fall in a bowl! Made simply in one pot, you’ll love enjoying a bowl on a chilly fall day. Don’t forget to top with pumpkin seeds for a crunch!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup oat milk or other non dairy milk of choice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
optional soup toppings:
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- parmesan cheese
- kale chips
- fresh sage
- Mince garlic and shallot. Add to soup pot along with oil and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Careful not to burn!
- Add pumpkin puree, fresh garlic, turmeric, and vegetable broth. Stir together to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and use an immersion blender to blend soup. Alternatively you can remove from heat and transfer the soup (1 cup at a time) to a blender to blend until creamy.
- Once soup is blended and on low heat, stir in oat milk, maple syrup, lemon juice and salt and pepper. I recommend tasting a spoonful to determine if you need a little more salt or pepper. Simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Add soup to a bowl, top with optional toppings* and enjoy! Store soup covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
* I used oat milk to get the creamy swirl on top. In order for it to work, you want to make sure your soup is warm and use a teaspoon to drizzle the oat milk on top. I haven’t tested it with other non dairy milks!
Keywords: pumpkin soup; creamy vegan pumpkin soup