Crunchy chickpea and black lentil grilled tacos are the perfect plant-based meal for summer! They’re packed with nutrition and a great option if you’re looking for a plant-based option to have at a summer BBQ. Feel free to customize them with different veggies too!
- 4 tortillas
- 1 can chickpeas
- 4 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup black lentil
- 1 ½ cup red, orange or yellow peppers, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into rounds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas and use a paper towel to dry them as best as you can.
- Toss with 2 tbsp. avocado oil, garlic powder and salt and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 25, flipping the chickpeas halfway through.
- In the meantime cook lentils according to package directions.
- Rinse and chop veggies. Toss with remaining 2 tbsp and salt. And avocado oil and place veggies in a grill basket. Grill for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Once the chickpeas, lentils and veggies have finished cooking, toss together.
- Place tortillas on the grill to heat them up for a few seconds on each side. Remove from the grill and use tongs to fill each tortilla with the chickpea lentil mix. Top with guacamole if desired and enjoy!
Keywords: chickpea and lentil tacos; lentil tacos; chickpea tacos