- 8 oz. canned salmon
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. Ithaca Lemon Dill Hummus + more for topping
- ½ tsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat toast the panko breadcrumbs until lightly toasted. Being careful not to burn them.
- In a medium bowl combine the salmon, egg, toasted breadcrumbs, hummus, dijon mustard, turmeric, garlic power, lemon juice and zest, fresh dill and parsley and salt and pepper.
- Mix well using a wooden spoon, cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat with cooking spray. Pack a ¼ cup with the salmon mixture and portion it out directly onto the pan. Use a fish spatula to slightly press the salmon cake down and later to flip.
- Cook on each side for about 1 minute until flipping to the other side. Repeat with remaining salmon mixture.
- Top with extra lemon dill hummus, fresh dill, lemon juice and enjoy!
Store in the fridge for 1-2 days for maximum freshness.
Keywords: salmon cakes; lemon dill salmon cakes