Easy mini pumpkin pie bites made in a muffin tin, and are the perfect bite-sized pumpkin recipe if you’re not up for making an entire pie! The pumpkin pie filling is gluten and dairy free.
Thanksgiving might look a little different this year, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy those nostalgic foods that remind us of everything we love about the holidays with our friends and family. Pumpkin pie is definitely one of those foods, and if your holiday celebration is a bit smaller this year, this mini version of pumpkin pie is perfect!
If you follow me on Instagram, my love for all things pumpkin runs deep! I love that you can use pumpkin in so many different ways both sweet and savory to add delicious taste, texture and nutrition to breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
This blog post was created in partnership with LIBBY’S®. As always all opinions are my own and I appreciate your support!
Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin is the only pumpkin puree I stock in my pantry because of its taste and texture and how it’s perfectly suited for baking. For over 100 years, LIBBY’S® has been growing its pumpkins in the heart of Illinois (which means I live in the right state!). The combination of proprietary seed, soil, climate along with the farmers’ expertise and care are what give LIBBY’S® pumpkins a one-of-a-kind flavor.
A family favorite across generations, LIBBY’S® prides itself on canning the highest quality pumpkin since the 1930s and is the number one canned pumpkin in the United States. I think it’s safe to say it’s not Thanksgiving without Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin, whether you’re making a classic pumpkin pie or a twist on a classic.
This individual pumpkin pie recipe is great because it works whether you’re hosting a smaller gathering and want a no fuss pumpkin dessert recipe, or if you want to make something else for dessert as well and want to keep the portion size in check with multiple treats.
The authentic taste, texture and color of LIBBY’S® pumpkin will help you make these mini pumpkin pies even more delicious this holiday season. This pie filling is made with LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin and is dairy free. LIBBY’S® pumpkin is all natural, gluten-free and has no GMO ingredients, artificial flavors or preservatives.
Ingredients for mini pumpkin pie bites
- Store bought pie crust or your favorite homemade pie crust recipe
- LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- Unsweetened almond milk or other non dairy milk of your choice
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract
- Bourbon (optional)
equipment / utensils
- muffins tin
- mixing bowls
Why type of pumpkin puree is best for pies?
That’s easy! Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin! Not only does it give pies the best pumpkin taste, it makes their texture perfect too! I’ve always got a few cans stocked in my pantry!Print
Easy mini pumpkin pie bites made in a muffin tin, are delicious, easy to make, and the perfect bite-sized pumpkin recipe if you’re not up for making an entire pie!
For the pumpkin pie filling:
- 1 cup LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- Splash of bourbon (optional)
For the crust:
- 1 packaged store bought pie crust (you will need both crusts that come in a package), thawed
- Remove pie crust from the fridge or freezer and let thaw. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Next, make your pumpkin pie filling: in a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, egg yolk, pure maple syrup, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
- Once the pie crust has thawed, unroll it and use a wide mouth jar or medium circular cookie cutter to cut out circles from both of the pie crusts. You should have just enough for each of the 12 muffin wells. Place the mini pie crusts into each of the wells.
- Spoon filling into each of the mini pie crusts. Filling nearly to the top but not so much that any of the filling is coming out.
- Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes until the filing is set. Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before using a butter knife to gently pop each mini pie out.
- Top each with a dollop of whipped cream, pecan pieces and extra pumpkin spice and enjoy!
Recipes from pumpkin week & more!
more mini pumpkin desserts
You can also visit https://www.verybestbaking.com/libbys/ for more tips, tricks and recipes for using pumpkin in different ways!
pin this recipe for later!