Easy mini pumpkin pie bites made in a muffin tin, are delicious, easy to make, and the perfect bite-sized pumpkin recipe if you’re not up for making an entire pie!
For the pumpkin pie filling:
- 1 cup LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- Splash of bourbon (optional)
For the crust:
- 1 packaged store bought pie crust (you will need both crusts that come in a package), thawed
- Remove pie crust from the fridge or freezer and let thaw. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Next, make your pumpkin pie filling: in a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, egg yolk, pure maple syrup, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
- Once the pie crust has thawed, unroll it and use a wide mouth jar or medium circular cookie cutter to cut out circles from both of the pie crusts. You should have just enough for each of the 12 muffin wells. Place the mini pie crusts into each of the wells.
- Spoon filling into each of the mini pie crusts. Filling nearly to the top but not so much that any of the filling is coming out.
- Bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes until the filing is set. Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before using a butter knife to gently pop each mini pie out.
- Top each with a dollop of whipped cream, pecan pieces and extra pumpkin spice and enjoy!