Nothing says Thanksgiving more than pumpkin pie! This classic and easy to make recipe is ready in no time and is sure to be a hit on your holiday table!
- 9” frozen regular or gluten free pie crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-oz. can of pumpkin puree ( I like Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin)
- 1 12-oz. can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons bourbon or rum
- Take the frozen pie crust out of the freezer, and place it on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
In a large bowl, stir together sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, eggs, pumpkin puree and coconut milk. Add the alcohol if desired.
- Use a spoon to stir it all together until it’s just combined.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 and bake for another 45 minutes, until the crust is nicely browned. *
- Let cool completely, overnight in the fridge.
- Top however you would like and enjoy!
*The pie filling will jiggle slightly in the middle, but it will set as it cools.