Bursting with fall flavor, you’ll love this farro bowl recipe that’s beautiful and delicious. Balanced with sweet and savory flavors and a crunch in every bite!
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup farro
- pinch of salt
- 1 delicata squash, sliced with the seeds removed
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan combine the vegetable broth, farro and salt. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low with the lid on for approximately 30 minutes until tender. Remove from heat, drain any excess liquid and let cool.
- While the farro is cooking, wash and slice the delicata squash. Toss with avocado oil and salt and place on a baking sheet so that all of the squash pieces are flat. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Start by adding the arugula to a large serving bowl, top with farro, squash, apple slices, pomegranate seeds, feta, and lastly walnuts.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a medium bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Pour over the salad and enjoy!
This salad is best enjoyed fresh, however, if you want to prep it ahead of time I recommend keeping all of the ingredients separate until you’re ready to eat it.
Keywords: fall farro salad; farro salad; delicata squash salad