This fall wild rice pilaf is a delicious way to enjoy the benefits of in-season fruits and veggies like apples, squash, kale and cauliflower. Dressed with a pumpkin vinaigrette, it’s flavorful, packed with nutrition and delicious!
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 delicata squash, cut into half moons with the seeds removed
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ½ cup lacinato kale, de steamed and slightly massaged
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium-sized apples, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan
For the pumpkin vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the delicata squash, cauliflower, and butternut squash with the avocado oil and salt and pepper. Roast for about 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In the meantime, cook the wild rice according to package directions on the stove or in a rice cooker.
- Prepare the apples, chickpeas and kale. Slightly massaging the kale with a little bit of oil so that it softens. Next, prepare the pumpkin vinaigrette by whisking all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once the rice has cooked and the veggies have roasted, toss everything together, topping with pumpkin seeds and parmesan cheese last followed by the vinaigrette and enjoy!
Keywords: fall wildrice pilaf