Fudgy gluten-free red wine brownies are made with chocolate and red wine and just a few simple ingredients. Extra chocolatey with a crisp crust and chewy edges, they make for a delicious Valentine’s Day treat!
Love and the smell of chocolate are in the air! Seriously, when these gluten free brownies made with almond and coconut flour are baking your whole house will smell like chocolate in the best way. Waiting for them to be done us the hardest part.
Because Valentine’s day in synonymous with chocolate and red wine, I wanted to combine the two in a healthier treat that you can whip up for your valentine or your roommate or bestie. Not all brownies are gluten free, but since these are made with nut flours, they work for anyone following a gluten free, and dairy free (as long as you use dairy free chocolate chips) diet.
Homemade gluten free brownies made with red wine make for the perfect treat after one of these healthy meals for make for date night at home. Going out for V-day can be fun, but honestly I love putting on some music we like, cooking a meal together, and enjoying some wine — all in my pajamas.
ingredients for fudgy gluten free brownies
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- cocoa powder
- brown or coconut sugar
- coconut oil
- red wine – I used a pinot noir in this recipe. I’m sure any red blend would also work.
- vanilla extract
- flaky sea salt – Maldon is always in my pantry!
- stand or hand mixer
- wooden spoon
- 8X8 baking pan
how to make gluten free brownies
Making these brownies is pretty easy and a great way to use up leftover wine! Of course, feel free to pour yourself a glass while you’re making these and enjoy a little self-care baking, ok?
To make this brownie recipe you will need to beat the eggs into the chocolate and sugar mixture, and then use a wooden spoon to mix in the remaining ingredients. Once that part it done, pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and just wait until they’re cooked — that might be the hardest part!
p.s. for more treats like these and fun recipes that make healthy eating a breeze, be sure to check out my Instagram page too!Print
Fudgy gluten-free red wine brownies are made with chocolate and red wine and just a few simple ingredients. Extra chocolatey with a crisp crust and chewy edges, they make for a delicious treat!
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- extra melted choc0late + flakey sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8X* baking pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the brown sugar.
- In another microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 15-20 second increments until the chocolate is just melted.
- With the mixer on low add in the chocolate mixture and continue mixing until mostly combined with the brown sugar.
- Add eggs in one at a time and the vanilla extract. After the last egg, beat until just combined and then stop.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in the red wine, almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa power, and salt until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 38-40 minutes until the edges slightly pull away from the pan and the center is set. Let cool and cut into 9 pieces. Top with extra melted chocolate and flakey sea salt and enjoy!
Keywords: red wine brownies; gluten free red wine brownies
more healthyish treats you’re sure to love
pin this recipe for later!